European Auto Service Participates In Boys & Girls Club Charity EventPosted on: March 8, 2013
European Auto Service, auto repair in Boca Raton and Aventura, recently participated in the 7th Annual Concours d’ Elegance held on February 22nd to 24th 2013 is an annual, world renowned event, to benefit the Boy’s and Girl’s Club of America. Many major corporations and local Florida Businesses contribute to and sponsor this event. Its host location was the magnificent Boca Raton Resort Hotel and Golf Club. This event attracts visitors and participants from all over the world.
Held annually for the past seven years this year’s event joins a contingent of Concours events featured in cities all over the nation. The Concours hosted here in Boca Raton was highly successful, drawing in some 20,000 visitors and participants.
Featuring great food, entertainment, auctions and prizes in a party like atmosphere all who attended had a wonderful time. Saturday entertainment was provided by Bob Newhart who is also an antique car enthusiast. Live music set the stage on Sunday with representation from both high performance sports cars to outrageous antique restorations. Best in class prizes were awarded along with special Indianapolis 500, Napa Valley, Atlantis Paradise Island and Yacht Outta Touch, packages.
Some of South Florida’s finest Restaurants were in attendance to serve samples of their menus. Cocktails were available to help cool the 85 degree temperatures and Camus, world famous Cognac offered their beverages and a First Class trip to Paris to their Camus Family Castle. Camus celebrated their 150th anniversary this year and joined the Concours as one of its promotions.
The Auction was outstanding featuring the artwork of Charles Maher a famous contemporary artist, Bon Jovi concert tickets, Ulysse Nardin watches, Mikimoto cultured pearls, Nascar Racing experience, Indy 500 tickets, car of the year trip to Napa Valley, and much more.
The many sponsors and vendors like European Auto Service auto repair in Boca Raton and Aventura displayed their wares and had free giveaways for the guests. European Auto Service is the largest independent Auto Repair Service Company in South-Central Florida. European Auto Service offers auto repair, auto service and scheduled maintenance, for Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Range Rover, Jaguar, SAAB, Mini, Volvo, VW, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati and Aston Martin. We have been servicing fine European cars in Florida for 33 years.
The Concours d’ Elegance featured and displayed some of the finest High Performance European Motorcars ever built. In order, they are listed as follows:
- The Ferrari v12 Berlinetta adorned with a 730 hp V12 engine, seven speed rear mounted gear box, with top speed of 210mph. This V12 engine will take the ¼ mile in 2.7 seconds.
- Lamborghini ‘s offering is the Aventador LP700, a 700 hp engine capable of 0-60 in 2.7 seconds (WHAT!) , seven speed gearbox and top speed of 217 mph. this V12 engine will take the ¼ mile in an incredible 10.4 seconds.
- Is the Maserati Quattroporte 2014 model the most powerful production Maserati ever built. Not as fast as its Italian cousins however the production from its 3.8 liter 8-cylinder engine is astounding. With 523 hp, 191 mph top speed, and 0-60 in just 4.6 it certainly holds its own in performance and economy.
- With power and speed to burn the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 boasts 1001hp @ 6000 rpm a seven speed automatic transmission with 0-60 in 2.65 seconds. This v12 powerhouse is an example of performance, style, and technology.
- However, the most beautiful award goes to the McLaren 12c Spyder. The power plant delivers 616 hp and is 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, top speed is 204 mph. This candy apple red model really stole the show.
- The Germans didn’t take a back seat to anyone, although these next two beauties don’t have a back seat. The 2014 Mercedes SLS AMG with only 100 to be built this is a special car. The car has a 6.3 liter v8 engine delivering 622 hp @ 7,400 rpm and accelerates 0-60 in 3.5 seconds . A gigantic rear spoiler and flip up doors gives this German offering a breakthrough design outstanding driving dynamics, with typical AMG technology.
- The 2014 Audi R8 V10 is a sleek high performing 2 seat sports car with class and beauty. Its 525 hp engine has a top speed of 195 mph and a very competitive in 0-60 in 3.4 seconds.
- Bentley, now German manufactured by Volkswagen, chimed in with a sports luxury model the Continental GTC soft top. Style, beauty, and fuel economy is the key note of this incredible vehicle. A 6.0 liter 500 hp engine delivers top speed of 185 mph and 0-60 in 4.7 seconds with its eight speed automatic transmission. And get this 14 mpg city and 22 mpg highway that’s amazing for a car of this size, power and weight.
(Side Note) European Auto Service has the experience and qualifications to service all of these World Class European Performance Motorcars or we can simply add high performance to your existing European motorcar.
If these high performance cars weren’t enough to make an incredible event by themselves – the antique restorations vehicles displayed pushed this car show over the top!
With more than 200 entries of eye popping cars like Model A Fords to the Edsel and Classic Chevy’s each car was a trip back into automotive history. Almost every manufacturer, both current and no longer in production, were represented. The judges had an impossible time deciding the best in show nominees and an even more difficult time selecting the winners.
Overall this was a great experience for participants, guests, vendors and sponsors alike. We, at European Auto Service, hope to see you out there next year.
Visit European Auto Service website at www.European-Auto-Service.com
or call (561) 451-0502 to find our most convenient location for you.